From:
Barry Birkey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 15 Nov 1998 16:45:46 -0600
Allen Banks wrote:

> Has anyone every considered wraping there hivws with TYPAR, I was taking

> Has anyone tried it, and if so, how are your winters in you
> region.(mild, long, snowy, etc..)

My experience with it consists of one winter.  Being in the building trade, I
have house wrap on hand and decided to try it one winter.  My conclusion is
that in the 5 winters since, where no wrap of any kind was used and 100
percent of my hives have wintered just fine, I can't justify the cost or time
to wrap hives.

Chicago area where winter temps can be as cold as -10 degrees with plenty of
wind and snow mixed in.

-Barry

--
Barry Birkey