From:
Gavin Ramsay <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gavin Ramsay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 May 2002 23:01:14 +0100
Hi Mea and All

> Perhaps someone can tell me how to access the Science article.  Mea
..... and .....
> NYT on the other hand doesn't need the publicity and would rather have the
$$$.
> Aaron Morris

.... thinking just a little bit too much about copyright I reckon!

The NYT have a little bit of a cheek if they are asking for payment for
access to the full article.  They are only quoting an article in Science
(abstract also available for no-cost registration), written by some
scientists (who, of course, make no financial gain at all from the whole
thing).

See the abstract for free here after registering:
http://www.sciencemag.org/

The full article will cost you $5 online.  Otherwise, your nearest
university/college library is quite likely to have Science .... or, if you
are really keen, broke and a little bit lucky, asking the authors (address
in the Science article) may elicit a free reprint through the mail.

And for those interested (paraphrasing breaks no copyright), the gene is one
already known to influence foraging in the fruit fly.  It codes for a
protein kinase, a class of gene known to be important in the regulation of
sets of other genes.

Gavin.