From:
"E.t. Ash" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Dec 2015 18:42:40 -0500
a snip from Mr Fisher comments..
 While Cornell refused to replace the
>> retiring Dr. Nick Calderone, and ceased providing their traditional
>> "land-grant college beekeeping extension" services, they do intend to
>> resurrect Nick's "Cornell Master Beekeeper" program, as they see that it
can
>> provide them with a solid revenue stream.  Cynical, aren't they?

> In defense of Cornell's Department of Entomology, Jim, they
> have NO (zero) obligation to provide NY beekeepers with
> any extension services.

my comments...
I don't think????? that we have an extension beekeeping position here in Texas.   It seems much of the traditional division in duties in the land grant universities between research, education and the extension has now been largely forgotten and/or discarded.

At least here 'the state' provides very little funding for the local land grant university so I don't see how the current administration would have any perceived 'obligation' to the tax payer.  We seem to be experiencing a proliferation in numbers and salaried $ for deans and administrators and the current business plans seem to be more focused on producing the lowest priced widget rather than providing a positive value to student, professors, staff or tax payers.

cynical.... yep I is there!