From:
j h & e mcadam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Dec 1997 19:21:05 +1000
>                This is Jamie Swift.  I am still working on my school
report on AHBs.
>I am especially looking for historical facts on the AHB migration from
>the 60s to 80s.  Any information you can send will bee helpful.

Jamie, the December, 1994 issue of Scientific American had an article on the
history of accidental and deliberate release of AHB in Brazil and its
subsequent evolution by selection against aggression by Brazilian beekeepers
and migration routes northward.  My copy of the magazine is lost somewhere
in the house but you should be able to access the issue through libraries.

Betty McAdam

HOG BAY APIARY
Penneshaw, Kangaroo Island
j.h. & e. mcadam<[log in to unmask]