From:
Richard Drutchas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Dec 1999 07:49:28 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: Al <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: TREATMENT FOR MITES (or anything)

In the Champlain Valley of Vermont where I keep bees there is a commercial
bee yard about every mile and a half. In Florida last winter I had a yard
with one hundred hives that was about three miles from a yard of four
hundred. Charly Mraz that worked all his life to create an AFB resistant bee
had to treat in the Champlain Valley and in Florida you wouldn't even think
about trying to keep bees alive without treating. Im not sure but I would
bet beekeeping is quite different in Europe. Its all a numbers game.