From:
"M. C. Michel" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 20 Mar 1999 09:55:50 -0600
"Gary C. Lewis" wrote:

>  "Walter T. Kelly, Co.". They have
> plastic, bottom boards, inner covers and telescoping covers all made
> from cast plastic. (high temp and pressure molding?) Has anyone used
> these parts on their hives?

Gary,

I have (and am) using lots of them.  The tops are great!  The inner covers
work very well also.  As for the bottoms.  I do use some but there is a
problem.  They are too flexible.  With a short amount of time the bend and
warp.  You have to make sure that the are evenly supported.

I use concrete block to elevate my hives.  When you do the will bend and
even open small openings where they are not supported.  As for the positive,
no work!  Last year I was very behind getting ready for my spring splits.  I
ordered some of these because I had little wooden ware left from the year
before.  It was SO EASY... Open the box and put them on.

This year, I'm more organized.  No new plastic purchases, only wood.  I Use
copper napthenate to preserve and high quality paint.  My wood should last
and last.  And best of all they don't warp.

Chris Michel
Michel Family Apiaries
Missouri