From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Discussion of Bee Biology <BEE-L@ALBNYVM1>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jun 90 14:10:52 EDT
A friend-of-a-friend situation has come my way, where a limb fell from
a tree and left exposed a colony of bees which the land owner would like
to have moved rather than destroyed.  Although I would like to save the
bees, this is a bit beyond my skills as a beekeeper.  I've read and know
the procedures, but I'm not up to the task (Yes, I'm chicken!).

Anyway, the tree is located within five miles of the Saugerties exit on
the N.Y. Thruway (Exit 23 I believe) and the bees are there for the taking
if anyone is interested.  Time is critical here as the bees are causing
a bit of a problem with the land owners animals (horses, dog, and son).
The limb fell about four hours ago (About noon on 6/18).  If there are
any takers or free advise, E-Mail ASAP!