From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Dec 2010 07:31:30 -0600

A study by Diana Cox Foster and team, published today in PlosOne, documents
the
> mechanism in which virus transmission can occur between species of bees
> feeding on
> the same sources pollen.

This really is not new news. Was discussed 20 years ago in PMS talks that
virus is spread by pollen and close contact between bees on pollen sources.
Same with nosema spores.

Horace Bell and I years ago wondered if nosema spores could be picked up at
water sources but I have never found research on the issue. Does the list
know if nosema spores would be killed in water or the survival length. In
large holding yards thousands of hives might water at the same place.

bob