From:
Barry Birkey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Oct 2002 09:36:26 -0500
> I almost did not bother to reply, since it already seems like Murray
> nailed this one, but we know that will have no effect on the proponents.
>
> Bill Truesdell
> Bath, Maine

You're absolutely right. It won't, but do you know why? It's the attitude
that is stated above by several on this list who's apparent goal with
anything new or "outside" their norm of thinking or practice must be
squelched and "nailed" in such a way that one is viewed as a lunatic for
stating their observations and findings.

Granted, it is sometimes/often presented in such a way that the reasons or
effects of such information already seem to be known with explanations
given, but surely we are mature enough to look beyond that and sift through
what is presented for anything that is possibly good and possibly true.

So very interesting .... even though this comb position observation is new
to everyone on this list, out side of one member from Texas, there have not
been any questions asked, or questioning thoughts given that would build on
what was presented or further the discussion. Allen Dick has attempted to
point this out but the old attitudes prevail. I sure don't agree with
everything that was presented in the positioning report and have lots of
questions, but observations have been made that no one here has ever noticed
which makes us all freshmen when it comes to this topic.

I almost did not bother to reply either. Expectations have been met again.

Regards,
Barry