From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 11:40:57 -0500
> I left my a super full of honey on each of my hives for food
> while I had Bayer strips in.  What should I do
> with the honey in these supers?
> Have about 15 +/-  medium frames with capped honey.
>
> Also can the combs be used for honey which will be used for human
> consumption?

You should consider those supers contaminated and they should never be used
again for any applications that will involve human consumption.  Period.
There is no slicing it.  You may get opinions that it's ok to use the
supers, but not the honey, or the honey is ok for the bees but not humans,
or let the bees rob out the supers and then it's ok to use the combs.  Any
such advise is contrary to label instructions which makes it clear that
equipment coming in contact with strips should not come in contact with
honey to be harvested for human consumption.

Let the bees rob the honey: How can you assure that honey thus robbed will
not end up in honey supers?

Reuse the combs once the honey is robbed: The combs are contaminated with
coumaphos!  They are not fit for use for honey to be harvested for human
consumption.

Those 15 +/- supers are now bee equipment, not harvesting supers.

Well geez Aaron, you're being pretty hard assed on this one.  How can you
assure that honey in your bee equipment never ends up in your extracting
equipment.  Truth is, I can't.  Makes you think twice about the chemican
treadmill, doesn't it.

Aaron Morris - thinking Aaron is arguing with himself!