From:
Aaron A Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2007 21:21:27 -0400
deknow wrote:
> a member of the ccd team ... observed ccd "at a critical time"...which
> to me means, "when trying to fill orders", or "getting ready to fill orders".
This is an important distinction.  "A critical time" does not necessarily mean "when trying to fill orders", or "getting ready to fill orders", neither does it imply the producers shipped damaged goods.  Any assumption made is not what the researcher said.  Furthermore, it is not the responsibility of the CCD team to protect the beekeeping industry from CCD.  The researchers are trying to identify the cause of the problem, they are not CCD police!

> such facilities should not be sending packages and queens around the county...
Hopefully they did not.  Perhaps they did.  Regardless, the CCD team has no authority to stop shipments one way or another.  Such authority lies with the inspection program in the production states and receiving states.  I do not know if there exists such an authority on the federal level, but it certainly is not the CCD team's responsibility.  And as far as I know, Colony Collapse Disorder is not even on anyone's books as a disease that will ban shipment of bees from producer to consumer.  The CCD Team is trying to identify the problem.  No more, no less.

Aaron Morris - the poster doth protest too much methinks.