From:
Walter Patton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 2000 11:22:15 -1000
NOTICE     NOTICE     NOTICE   US Beekeepers Pay Attention

S.O.B  (Save Our  Beekeepers)

Deadline for Comments April 28, 2000 three days from now

Only yesterday did information from the National Honey Board
arrive in my US mail giving notice of this proposed rule making by USDA.
Unfortunate, or on-purpose  for the short notification???

Copies of the
Honey Research, Promotion and Consumer Information Order
can be gotten from www.nhb.org see legislation box.

On quick inspection this order seems to deal with all phases
 of the National Honey Board. I am still printing out hard copies
20 pages for Federal Registry Posting and 30 pages of redline proposal.

How to make comments information is located in the text. Serious
US beekeepers should be interested in this legislation as drafted
with heavy influence by the US honey packers/foreign honey importers

I would suspect that the packers have it in their best interest at the
 expense of the US beekeepers.

Have the National Beekeeper magazines been advising the beekeepers about
this legislation???

 U S Beekeeper need to get off their lethargic backsides and stand united
demanding the National Honey Board only promote US honey.

Walter Patton