From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Nov 2009 18:43:13 -0600
Hello Peter B. & All,

Peter B. asked:
> >Is there anyone in the area that could show me some African Bees, either
> >in
>>hives or not?

If genuinely interested in seeing your first AHB and learning about AHb from
commercial beekeepers I can make it happen. I can introduce you to a third
generation commercial beekeeper which has kept bees in the Rio Grande Valley
since the first AHb swarm was found. A beekeeper which has taken many trips
south over the last forty years to observe these bees and will explain what
he has observed. Differences between the fifties and the current situation.

I am on a first name basis with many Florida bee inspectors which will be at
the meeting. I can introduce you. Many beekeepers which overwinter in
Florida.

These people are on the front lines and can provide insight you will not
find in the Cornell library.

bob