From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 2010 08:31:13 -0500
> Mr Borst said, "The bans introduced in France left no significant mark on the bee mortality statistics." As it is acknowledged That there are no reliable bee mortality statistics for France I fail to see how he can make this Claim.

I made no such claim, it was clearly a quote from the paper cited, which was written by Michael Gross, a freelance science
writer based in Oxford, UK. However, why are there no reliable bee mortality statistics in France? This has been going on for more than ten years.

The idea that insecticides from
the neonicotinoid group, such as
imidacloprid, are fatal to bees has
the longest tradition in France,