From:
Thomas Wiegelmann <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 21 Mar 1998 08:16:18 -0500
EMakovec wrote:

> I have an old galvanized 4-frame extractor.  it works fine, but it leaks in a
> few places along the bottom seam.  What's the best way to repair this?  Is
> solder food-safe?  I'm afraid the honey will leach lead out of it.
>
> Eugene Makovec
> Kirkwood, MO
Do not use solder thats where lead poisoing comes from i personally
would get rid of it but if you ensist on repairing it buy food grade
epoxy to patch with then get food grade epoxy paint and paint it so that
the honey doen't come in contact with any of the galvonize which also
has lead in it.GOOD LUCK