From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Oct 2002 10:40:34 -0400
> ... There are two styles of slatted rack ... original design ... still
available from Betterbee
> and the new style ... improved by Carl Killion in 1950 ... also avilable
from Betterbee.

The original slatted rack designed by CC Miller actually sat inside the
bottom board, which was of a much deeper dimension to accommodate the
slatted rack (it was no coincidence).  I have never seen that design
available for sale, even at Betterbee.  The later design (attributed to
Killion) IS available at Betterbee.

And an ever newer, improveder(?) design is available at Betterbee with the
slats running parrallel to the frames so mite drop may not be impeeded by
slats running perpendiculat to the frames.  Gotta hand it to Bob Stevens,
he's always keeping an eye out for equipment that might improve your
beekeeping experience!

Aaron Morris - still pondering Housel Positioning!