From:
David Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 2010 10:40:22 -0500
 I tend to have to disagree with you Charlie ,back a few years ago when I was looking at Russian breeders,they were about 250.00 more than the other prices and queens I got from the left coast.

 I was not willing to pay that much more for an unknown. If the russian group and usda had a sincere interest to spread this "superior" stock it would have been made cheaply available to those interested , in and effort to flood the gene pool.

 To me it was a wasted opportunity since I feel we desperately need some outside genes brought in to help with lost vigor in bees in general.

On a note which Randy made yesterday, about Dr Allsop saying we're prolonging not having mite resistant bees by keeping mites at bay,I'm trying to prolong my way of living and don't care about making mite resistant bees for 50 years down the road .I'm not willing to make my way of living a test tube study.

You go Bob, your on the money with your thoughts,sadly there are to many that

take a negative stance at those of us that try to make a living with bees and feedlots of

them.

I'm not willing to go for another loan,and have been fortunate ( I guess,maybe not since I owe Farm Credit still)  to get money when needed. Which was the case after the 2006 die off, I stuck my neck on the block a little farther with a purchase of 400 hives from Wisconsin , a semi load of supers and a tanker or two or sucrose.

But it would be helpful for others that may want to join the ranks of debt loaded ,ppb,feedlot beemovers,and prolong there existence also.

As for sending crews to Cali, the USDA and other groups ,except Jerry(thanks for all your doing Jerry) tend to move to slow,and this time there has been no press to help motivate the effort, we don't do a good job of helping our cause,and the naysayers don't help any either.

Why do you think corporate america spends so much on lobbyist

 ,the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

"Where there are fruits and nuts there are beekeepers"