From:
Peter McMahon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 15 Sep 2005 15:03:15 +0200
I am an amateur beekeeper in the western cape of South Africa and as
such keep A.M.Capensis. I have had no exposure to any other honeybee
species and can therefore only comment on the AM Capensis.I find all the
hype around your AHB a bit disconcerting and a bit exaggerated as I have
not found the bees to particularly aggressive. Do other strains of
honeybee not defend their hives with their stings and are their stings
any different to that of the AM Capensis. Of course if one approaches
the hive with an aggressive attitude , one can only expect the girls to
react accordingly.
I would not have it any other way as I find my girls welcome me with
open wings - I must admit that I would not even think of approaching any
hives without protective clothing.

Regards
Peter McMahon

Read our disclaimer at: http://www.picknpay.co.za/pnp/view/pnp/en/page5093?
If you don't have web access, the disclaimer can be mailed to you on request.
Disclaimer requests to be sent to [log in to unmask]