From:
Dave from Scranton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Feb 1997 23:34:26 -0500
On Sat, 22 Feb 1997, Alden P. Marshall wrote:

>         I to have been using the push-in hardwre cloth etrance mouse
> guards. They have been perminent fixtures for quite a few years now. You
> have probably noticed how well the corpses are pushed through them the
> past couple of warm days?

        I was told that if you put the wooden entrance reducer upside down
(meaning hole at top) then the bees ahve to be three deep before the
entrance is plugged. Also, to keep mice out I put frame nails at the
opposite ends of the bottom board and then push the reducer up to it. This
way it can't get pushed in by the mice and one nail outside will hold it
in place. When I take the reducer out the inside nails stay in and the
bees just ignore them.

Dave D. Cawley, Maitre d' |        ***ALERT  shameless plug  ALERT***
The Internet Cafe         |
Scranton, Pennsylvania    |         ASK ME FOR A COPY OF WEBPHONE!!!
(717) 344-1969            |        (or try www.scranton.com/webphone)
                    URL => http://www.scranton.com