From:
Carl Mueller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 May 1995 08:29:45 -0400
>>We have well water which is a great relief after hearing the pesticide and
>>chlorination threads.  Still, we don't want to drink the softened water and
>>who knows what the neighbors are putting into the water table.  So we
>>purchased one of the dual filter Omni systems.  Cost was about $100 here in
>>the US.  It has a carbon filter, a heavy metals filter and a small spigot
>>that mounts on the sink.  Replacement filters every year cost about $10 for
>>the carbon and $30 for the heavy metals.   Flow is about 1 gallon per
>>minute.
>
><snip>
>
>I have well water here in south Florida.  The water is loaded with tannen
and iron.  To combat the softened water I purchased an reverse osmosis
filter system.  It does filter out all the minerals (problem) as well as all
pollution, such as pesticides, etc.  We do take mineral supplements to
counter the loss of minerals from our drinking water.  We only use the
filtered, softened water for washing and bathing.  I think that the reverse
osmosis system was money well spent.
                Carl Mueller     Email: [log in to unmask]
                West Palm Beach, Florida USA
         I think therefore, I am politically incorrect!!