From:
Richard Martyniak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Dec 2010 18:46:23 -0500
I feel like the curmedgeon today.

We had one tech this spring, (who used to keep scutellata in Africa) get
attacked full on by multiple swarms north of Orlando in Lake county.
Luckily he was wearing a full suit during each encounter.  Previously on
all his jobs, he almost discounted AHB in Florida. His attitude changed,
as he called these African, and a few choice words not printable.

  We also had another who was attacked full while wearing only a veil.
Had to run back to his truck and turn the AC on full while knocking them
down. Great image for clients, right!These were all fresh springtime
swarms, normal appearance,  no comb deposited.

So, we've changed our protocol, always wear at least a hooded jacket
when doing swarms, and carry 2 epi-pens and dissolvable benadryl on each
truck.  Had some interesting times this year with clients that were
stung and went down. Things are changing here, regardless of want or
belief. But what do we know..we only do a 'few' removals statewide  :-)

Richard Martyniak
ALLFloridaBeeRemoval.com