From:
"Barricklow, Walt" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Nov 1998 14:31:50 -0500
This nice warm day in SouthCarolina  I  went in to inspect one of my double
hives.  I found the top full of
honey for winter stores, the bottom was almost empty, very little brood,
evidence of wax moths in each frame.  I cleaned the bottom board off,
scraped the excess burr comb off, and put the honey filled super
back on the bottom board.  I could not find the queen, but several clusters
of bees were moving around, so
they may have been moving her.  I proped the empty hive body in front of
the hive, and closed the top of the hive back up, hoping that the queen and
the bees will reenter the hive.  My question:  Will the queen and all the
other bees go back in the hive before it gets to cool and dark.  i still
have about 3 hours left of
day lite.  Its 2:30 here  Help,  did I do it all wrong ?  I was trying to
get the wax worms away from the hive, and give the bees a new place to go.
Lots have reentered the hive, but I did not see the queen go in.
Awaiting some help please. Walt in Barnwell SC