From:
"J. Waggle" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 14 Oct 2008 15:07:35 -0700
Dave Thompson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I wish
> I have seen symptoms all thru 2008
> low level because of formic trearments

According to the researchers, colonies collapse from ccd in spite of (if I may quote from memory), “everything but the kitchen sink being thrown in the colonies”  (meaning; every treatment being thrown at the problem did not help).  What they have found is that there is no treatment for ccd, and formic would have no affect on it either, but might have an effect on varroa damage.

> Some of this dead brood in centre positions

Chilled brood is caused by more than just brood being chilled.  The term is often used to describe starved brood, which if malnourished during the larval stage will cause bees to die in the cells nearing maturity, it can also be used to describe over heated brood etc.  But I am seeing bee malady sites recently being more specific here, which is good.

Best Wishes,
Joe