From:
David Green <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Sep 1997 11:28:37 -0400

<< Does anyone have an opinion or experience using 3 mediums instead of 2
deeps
 for the brood chamber?  Also any reference sources would be appreciated.  I
 try to do my homework :) >>

   I know an older beekeeper who gets along great with this. The deeps are
too heavy for him when full. The upside is that he has all one size box, so
he can move them around easier. It helps a lot when, for example, the queen
gets above the excluder.

   The downside is that when brood and super comb is interchanged, the honey
can be slightly darker, and the wax worms jump on the super comb a lot
quicker.

[log in to unmask]    Dave Green Hemingway, SC USA
Pollination Scene:  http://users.aol.com/pollinator/polpage1.html