Date:
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 16:29:00 -0500
With the passing of Andy we have lost one of the best of BeeL's
contributors.  I joined this list 4 years ago this week.  One of the first
posts I read was story from the "guy calling himself the Old Drone".  It was
a long post telling about his early fights, on behalf of beekeeping, with
California legislators.  He went on to say how he met and became friends
with then governor, and later to be  President Reagan.  I remember printing
that story down and giving it to my wife to read.  In the years that
followed I always enjoyed Andy's posts.  I wrote to him on a number of
occasions either to ask a question or comment on something he said.  He
always had a great reply and I told him if I ever got out there I would love
to meet him and maybe buy him lunch.  He thought that would be fun but the
3000 mile trip never happened and I really regret it.  I will sure miss his
wit and knowledge and just the way he put things.

In closing I want to say one thing.  Andy offered much to this list, much
more than even he would admit, but we also have a  number of other
contributors, who maybe don't have the flair that Andy had, but regularly
share good information that help us all become better beekeepers.  Folks
like Allen, Aaron, Dave, Jerry, George, LLoyd, Trevor, Roy...., well, you
(and everyone else) know who you are.  I want to thank all of you for giving
what you give to make this all possible.  I am sure Andy agrees with me on
this one.

Ron Bogansky
Kutztown, PA