From:
Randy Oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 2006 13:28:46 -0400
In the past - I have not had good luck with dumping them away from the
hive or combining with a queen-right hive.

A couple years ago I had the great idea of splitting 250 colonies at the end
of almond pollination, and selling off 250 queenright singles, and putting
cells into the remaining half to mate out.  Worked great until the weather
went bad for over a month, and I had 250 singles of laying workers! To make
a long, ugly story short, combining laying worker colonies with a queenright
unit worked every time.  Note that combining always works best during a
nectar flow.

Re: Maxant chain uncapper
I've been thinking about getting one--does anyone have one who can give me
feedback on it?

Randy Oliver
Calif