From:
"Lipscomb, Al" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 14:40:35 -0400
>        The FDA has stated that everyone that receives coumaphos strips
will
>have honey checked for traces of the chemical. Any violations and the
>strip will be pulled. That being the case -despite the obvious logic of
>your statement- I would recommend that only those with hive beetle
>problems and resistant varroa should use the strips.
>        I believe research several years ago showed some disruption in
brood
>patterns as well. Am I "mis-remembering"?

Based on your and Aaron's statments it sounds like this chemical is even
more nasty than I thought. What scares me is that the bee supply catalogs
are pushing this stuff without the above information. To read them (and
their web pages) you would get the idea that this is a product that would be
treated just like Apistan.

Apistan is doing a fine job for me at present, I am thinking that we need a
way to rotate treatments but with what is still the question.

Thanks for the informed response! (I _was_ going to order some coumaphos
when my Apistan ran out).