From:
charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Sep 2014 16:29:28 -0500
"I agree with Christina--one should not  contribute to a discussion until
one has done their homework.  Ideally, one should do their homework such
that they are well versed in the arguments on both sides of the issue."

I pondered this out of respect for the both of you, But that is an very
narrow concept that's been presented.

I don't think you should get to vote unless you have done military service.
But the reality is that's  not a fair statement.

Assuming someone is not well read or isn't capable of an intelligent
discussion or argument because they have not read a certain book, or doesn't
agree with your thinking would make very little growth.

I find that the ability to back up to a laymans thinking and explain myself
shows a real depth of field.  I run into it a lot.  Several times a day
usually.
Researching the topic from both angles is the point of discuss. And not
required for a good conversation  being able to support your thinking and
understand the others point shows  skills on the topic.

If I had one complaint about Bee-L its that there is a lot of proclamation
and claims,  and could use a lot more discussions.  Attempting to shut some
of it down with comments seems to me very narrow minded.
The original topic of this thread is about ferals and parasites, its morphed
a bit into genetics and theory.
If there is one thing I am positive about, its that no one here has the
answers on this issue.  If you any of us did,  we would have the problems
solved.

Charles