From:
Peter Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 07:57:18 -0500
Greetings!
        I think the discussion has been very interesting so far. I
must say that I am open to all points of view , but I regard every
one with a healthy dose of scepticism. If the results of bee breeding
were obvious, then there would be no question.

Consider this quote:
"In a world of retail research, who can trust the results?
Increasingly, academic science overlaps with pharmaceutical
marketing. Scientists are not required to disclose their
corporate ties; individual schools have rules for dealing
with the issue, but even if a scientist's work turns out
to be compromised, there's no guarantee that doctors or
patients will ever know. If you think science is neatly
split between research in independent university labs and
in companies that produce products for profit, you're
about 20 years behind." --By Tinker Ready, _Boston Phoenix_

--> See the article online at: http://www.utne.com

This isn't about bees, but it may apply. Researchers may not always
have our interests at heart...

PB
Peter Borst

http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/plb6/