From:
Robin Dartington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Sep 2014 09:00:12 +0100
On 18 Sep 2014,  Charles Linder  wrote:> 'Interesting idea.  But as James  pointed out here,  its not legal standing in small claims.  That would be a large scale civil suit in federal court.  I am not prepared to handle that monster....<

My point has not been understood. There seems no basis for a small claims suit.
I am saying look at the Terms of Reference for Congressional Hearings in  the Constitution of Congress for the procedures that govern  Congressional Hearings ... and look for irregularity in the current proceedings.  Then look for the ways provided in the Constitution for the public affected by the Hearings to make complaints ... you may be able to register a complaint against Lu as a witness, or against officials for not checking his credentials as witness, or against Harvard for giving him a false reference, or against the Session Chairman according to the Terms of Reference for Congressional Hearings as set out in the Constitution.

Complaints may seem frivolous but in UK any complaint against an official or a politician has to be registered and investigated.  If that is not so in US, you have a crap Constitution.

More simply, have you informed your Congressman that, published evidence exists to support your view that a witness at this Congressional Hearing is unreliable  ..... and asked him to put that direct to the Hearing? Bee-L members could contact different Congressmen all over US.  Look up the duties and responsibilities of a Congressman to make sure your request is appropriately worded.  We regularly go to our Member of Parliament who forwards our letters to the Minister responsible, who must reply to an MP, our MP then forwards us the Minister's reply.

Robin