From:
David Eyre <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 2 Sep 1999 22:33:26 -0400
On 30 Aug 99, at 0:16, Allen Dick wrote:

> I have been bothered by these discussions we have had because so much has
> been based on opinion and hearsay, not scientific experiment and/or
> observation. Therefore, I dug deep into my pocket and decided to order a
> literatrure search.

It becomes more and more obvious that it is no longer the 'message'
but more the 'messanger' which cannot and will not be tolerated.
        The lengths that Mr. Dick is going to in an attempt to discredit my
findings is bordering on ridiculous, and incidently a waste of time.
I also conducted a search of a number of libraries during my
research, nothing. I am not so naive that I can believe for a moment
that it's being done to prove me correct. So go ahead, knock yourself
out, waste your time!
        If Mr. Dick had bothered to read my original post correctly and I
quote
"We have been raising queens commercially for some 7-8 years now, and
part of this has been the following of pedigrees, where the queens
came from and how they were made and an evaluation of their final
traits".         Hardly "based on opinion and hearsay,not scientific
experiment and/or observation", but then a few strokes on a keyboard
can quickly destroy 8 years of effort and leave the writer feeling
very righteous and smug.
        That original post of mine ' regressive queens' is original thought,
not a copy from a book nor plagiarized from other's writings. I was
hoping that it would provide food for thought and elicite discussion
from a few enlightened beekeepers. I'm beginning to suggest that it
was a total waste of time and just gave opening to quite massive
ridicule and criticism.
        This year I have conducted experiments in FGMO, essential oil, and
tobacco treatments ref. to Varroa, but I am certainly not going to
post it and wait for the snide remarks to start again.

> ...Thinking maybe we can increase the 'INFORMED' content of the list for
> "Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology"

Only if one or two can refrain from being 'Net Gods' and trying to
dictate policy to everyone, leave it to Aaron, it is his list and we
are just visitors.

The Bee Works, 9 Progress Drive, Unit 2,
Orillia, Ontario, Canada.L3V 6H1.
Phone (705)326 7171 Fax (705)325 3461
David Eyre,
e-mail<[log in to unmask]>
http://www.beeworks.com
This months special:-Vest/veil combination