From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jan 2010 12:33:48 -0800
>I know it is up to the EPA to set the bar but do you think current research
methodology still applies to the new chemicals? Seems that it should evolve
to keep pace with the changes in the way these new systemic pesticides work.

Thanks, Garret.

The "current" methodology has and is changing.  Bayer has been asking the
EPA to adopt the more stringent European methodologies.  I'd like to see EPA
adopt some of the Canadian requirements of testing final product with
adjuvants.

As I posted previously, I have also raised other issues that are not being
currently addressed.

But the point is, the chemical companies are trying to come up with safer
pesticides.  I feel that we should support them in those efforts.

Randy Oliver