From:
"Hayes, Jerry" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Oct 2005 07:54:06 -0400
One of my Inspectors with over 30 years of experience saw something
yesterday that he had never seen before. A group of about 30-40 drones
came into this inspectors backyard, which at this time has no colonies,
and alighted on an old location that had a colony on it in the past. He
was familiar with DCA's and immediately checked for a queen. None was
found nor any workers just a "swarm" of black drones that stayed on that
site for several hours walking around. With our AHB situation in Florida
his question was is this related to this issue. I couldn't answer that.
What does the group think?  Jerry

G. W. Hayes, Jr.

Assistant Chief

Bureau of Plant and Apiary Inspection