From:
Jorn Johanesson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 25 Nov 2000 03:00:39 +0100
> I think 'inactive' is what you meant to say.  That has been
> researched and we
> know AFB spores last a long, long, time.

Bees feed with 70 years old honey got infected with AFB from the feeding.

By the way it is possible to do beekeeping without use of ANY drugs. So we
do in Denmark and we have around 4000 beekeepers in our little contry.

AFB is present in Denmark, But we have a strict control, based on
Beeinspectors and skilled beekepers. Wer are not burning hives unless the
beepopulation at the beekeeper is very small. And when bees are killed by
burning, a compensation are payed to the beekeeper.

We are using the so known Mac Evoy way of handling the AFB.

This year there have been reported 133 apiaries with AFB against 125 last
year.

You can visit www.sp.dk/planteinfo for more information.

Best regards
Jorn Johanesson

Multilingual software for beekeeping since 1997

hive note- queen breeding and handheld computer beekeeping software
full revised and bug tested 20-09-2000
Now also individual solutions possible.

home page = HTTP://apimo.dk
e-mail [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>