From:
Bil Harley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Dec 2013 05:08:44 -0500
Juanse said, <<Should I assume from the above statement that your honey have no pollen in
it? Is the same - no pollen in honey -- applicable to the honey produced by
the bees of all the associated members of those European Beekeeping
associations?>>

There is a serious misunderstanding here. There is absolutely no question of filtering honey to remove all pollen from it, no one would want that.

The problem is all about labelling. The percentage of pollen is calculated differently according to whether pollen is an ingredient or a constituent of honey.
 If it contains pollen as an ingredient The label must say so and if some of the pollen is GM pollen that would have to be stated on the label. The problem then is that GM pollen is not recognized as being fit for human consumption and that was the essence of the Bablok case. As I understand it, if someone planted a GM crop near an established apiary the honey would become unsaleable and the beekeeper would have to be compensated.
This is the protection that EU beekeepers want by requiring pollen to continue to be considered an ingredient. We will see what is decided in January.

Bil, France