From:
Barry Birkey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 25 Oct 1996 18:52:38 +0000
Steven Albritton wrote:

> With all the problems of low bee populations, I wonder if the Federal Gov.
> has any programs to help begining beekeepers.  I started with two hives this
> year and plan to expand next year.  This can be expensive and will be done
> slowly  unless there is some type of program available.
> Steven Albritton
> LDS Communications, Sports America, Chavin Honey Farms
> Monroe, Louisiana

Like Kevin Parsons stated, let's not look to the Feds for the things we would like. The
best way is "done slowly" by our own means as you have stated Steve. I'm glad you
have started with your two hives. Next year you'll probably get a few more going from
swarms or splits. Make as much of your own equipment as you can. Get to know
another beekeeper so you can help each other out. When we are left to our own abilities,
we will always do better than any politician can do for us.

Remember to vote Nov. 5th.

-Barry

--
Barry Birkey