From:
"Laura A. Downey" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jul 1996 18:02:56 -0400
I opened one of my supers today, to discover a royal mess!  The comb and
honey collapsed, making a sticky oozing mess all over the inner cover.
There is not one single frame that has comb intact.  (I had the inner cover
with one-way exit in place to clear the super of bees.)  There are dead bees
mixed in with this mess.

I used cut comb foundation in medium supers.

Is it possible to salvage this honey for human consumption?  I'd rather have
it for myself, but will sacrifice it to the bees if I have to.  How can I
separate the honey from the wax and dead bees?

Thanks in advance for all replies!

Laura Downey
Anne Arundel Co., Maryland