From:
Bob Fanning <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 May 2000 00:34:37 -0500
Can anyone give me a website, text book or other source of information on
Parthenocarpic fruits.   I will be speaking to a small group on beekeeping
and normally cover the benefits of pollination.   I am pretty much in the
dark as to why "seedless" fruits produce "meat" when the seed are not
developed.   Do Parthenocarpic fruits require pollination?   I know, in the
case of "seedless" watermelons, Parks Seed Co. recommends a pollinator be
planted with the "seedless" melons.

Any help wpuild be appreciated.

Bob Fanning
Madison Co. Al