From:
Gerry Visel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 3 Oct 1996 22:58:48 -0400
Dear BEE-Listners,

   Attached is a listing I sent to Ron Miksha, who's article
on beekeeping on the internet was published in the October
issue of Bee Culture magazine.  His article lamented that
most of the sites he could find were outside the US.  I
checked my bookmark file, and found a few.  Perhaps they may
be of use to some of you.

   Perhaps also you have found other interesting sites.
Forward them to Ron at [log in to unmask] for review, and
publish them here for all to see and use!  T'anx!
-------------Begin Forwarded Message---------------

>   You asked for it!  Here is a list of my beekeeping
>bookmarks, most of them in the US, for your perusal and
>comments in the next issue of BC.  Thanks so much for the
>article!  I hope it is first of many.  We have a "Bees in
>cyberspace" program at our bee club, and have found bunches
>of sources:
>
>   If you haven't already, subscribe to BEE-List.  BEE-L
>provides a format for discussion of bee research and
>biology. Subjects include sociobiology, behavior, ecology,
>genetics, taxonomy, physiology, pollination, and many
>others, including a forum for "newbee" questions. The
>contact person for the list is Mary Jo Orzech
>([log in to unmask]). To subscribe, send an e-mail message
>to [log in to unmask] with body text consisting of
>subscribe Jane Doe where Jane Doe is your real name.  You
>will receive further instructions from the listserver.
>THIS IS A MUST HAVE!!!  LOTS OF INPUT AND ARCHIVES!  Could
>write a book just editing the inputs.
>
>http://www.wvu.edu/~agexten/varroa.htm  Preliminary Results
>of Research Varroa Mite Control, 24 June, 1996.  HOT NEWS!
>
>http://www.birkey.com/BLB/Home/BBP.html  BARRY'S BEE PAGE!
>Hive plans, etc.
>
>http://www1.shore.net/~spectrum/apitherapy.html  BEE VENOM
>THERAPY,  by Glenn Rothfeld M.D.
>
>http://www.avana.net/pages/personal/digital/digital.htm
>Rick's Beekeeping Home Page
>
>http://ag.arizona.edu/AES/mac/ahb/ahbhome.html  Africanized
>Honey Bees on the Move, Lesson Plans
>
>http://www.birkey.com/BLB/Beekeeping/besuply.html
>BEEKEEPING SUPPLIERS
>
>http://users.aol.com/pollinator/varroa.htm  Varroa Mites,  A
>New Parasite of the Honeybee, Photos of Varroa Mites and
>their Damage
>
>http://users.aol.com/pollinator/polpage1.html  Practical
>Pollination Tips and Info, The Home Page of Dave & Janice
>Green, The Pollination Scene
>
>http://users.aol.com/pollinator/varroa2.htm More pictures,
>showing PMS Brood and normal Brood
>
>http://www.mv.com/ipusers/zippy/bee.html  The Chris-o-rama
>Bee Page...
>
>http://www.suebee.com/   Sue Bee Honey Web Site! Give your
>honey a squeeze postcard, games, etc.
>
>http://www.wave.co.nz/pages/nickw/others.htm  Nicks List of
>other Bee Sites
>
>ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet/news.answers/beekeeping-faq
>beekeeping-faqs  (See
>http://weber.u.washington.edu/~jlks/bee.html for details.)
>
>sci.agriculture.beekeeping  Beekeeping newsgroup
>
>http://www.ent.iastate.edu/List/Beekeeping.html  Great List
>of Bee resources
>
>http://gears.tucson.ars.ag.gov/  Bees and Pollination:
>USDA-ARS Carl Hayden Bee Research Center GEARS GREAT SITE!!
>
>gopher://gnv.ifas.ufl.edu:70/11gopher_root3%3A%5Bdatabase.ap
>i%5D  APIS - Florida Extension Beekeeping Newsletter
>
>http://www.inhs.uiuc.edu/cbd/PCAM/readme_PCAM.html Database
>of Mexican Bees,with Floral Records;by Douglas Yanega,
>Illinois Natural History Survey.

> [...]

----------------End Forwarded Message----------------

Gerry and the other Visels at: