From:
Roger Flanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jun 1999 11:01:59 -0500
On the topic of harvesting wax, Aaron Morris wrote
on 3/30/99: "Harvest time gives honey, wet supers
get licked dry by the bees.  Then the honeycomb
can be scraped down to the plastic foundation..."
Mr. Morris, I was re-reading your saved message
this morning and realized I didn't fully
understand what you had written.  When you give
the supers back to the bees to "lick dry," are you
leaving the frames in the supers or setting them
out separately?  Back on the hives, or set in
front?  Do you try to give them back the same
colonies, or if that doesn't make a difference,
doesn't that encourage robbing?  The nicest thing
about being a beginner is that one never runs out
of questions...
--Rog Flanders, Nemaha County, Nebraska, USA