From:
Steve Newcomb <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 13 Mar 1999 13:34:10 -0500
I will be teaching a pest & disease class to new beekeepers soon.  I will
be discussing Fumidil-B and feeding.  Since most of these new beekeepers
will only have one hive, I'd like to give them a recipe for 1 gallon of the
mix.

Using the Fumidil-B instructions, plus my wife's cookbooks, I have
calculated that 1 gallon of 2:1 syrup is equal to 7 Cups + 5 Tablespoons of
water, mixed with 17 1/2 Cups + 1 Tablespoon + 2 Teaspoons of sugar.  If
Fumidil-B is required, add 1 rounded teaspoon to 4 Tablespoons of hot (100
- 120 degree F) water, mix thoroughly, and add to above COOLED mixture of
2:1 sugar water.

I know the measurements are pretty exact, but thetas what I have
calculated.

I would appreciate someone reviewing this recipe to double check that my
measurements are correct.

Thank you
Steve Newcomb
Elyria, OH