From:
Brian Fredericksen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Jun 2007 12:55:44 -0400
When I hear these reports of no robbing I wonder how much of this can be explained away with early
or late season factors like tempurature and low bee activity.

Here in the north we don't see bees trying to rob dead out equipment with much vigor until the
number of foragers increases and the weather gets into the 80's.  Leave dead out equipment outside
and not closed up and no bees would hardly try and get in between Oct into May around here at
least.

Another way to put this is, there is nothing repelling the bees,  just the bees are not interested.

There are so many legends alive concerning CCD its hard to know what to beelive. Was there just one
or two reports of this no robbing or several dozen?