From:
David Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 2010 13:50:47 -0400
To me basing the idea feeding bees is not beneficial ,based of observations of caged bees is like comparing apples and oranges as the same.
I 've watched guys for years feed heavy and always have great looking bees vs. the ones that don' t feed as much. Even in the CCD (even if there are those of us that compare that to aliens and say it doesn't exist cause they haven't seen it) unlimited feed will grow a strong hive of bees.
Granted if your talking over wintering in snow that's a different situation all together to possibly factor. If your a commercial beekeeper and you want the best bees you can have, you'll have a feeding program,whether it's sugar's or protein, by the way, a lot of that feed was HFCS and the bees still look great.

I must of been asleep at the monitor, but I missed the original statement about Casein. In what method has that been used ?  I see it's about 20% percent of the protein value in milk and used in some forms of paint as a binder,the technical type, not food grade Casein.

I tend to lean toward brewers yeast and with a hint of powdered eggs, but was curious how Casein has or is used?