From:
Barry Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2006 23:36:25 EDT
Before one becomes too strident in one's comments about fellow  beekeepers,
may I remind one and all that there are two, separate and  distinct, Weaver
operations in Texas:      B.  Weaver and R. Weaver.
   From what I've seen on the BEE-L thusfar, we know that there  are problem
bees at a site in Maryland. The subject queen may or may not be one  shipped
in a package by a supplier. As yet, the "Weaver" source is not  identified. Has
the beekeeper contacted the supplier? The bees in question  indeed do sound
aggressive, but is the assumption being made that this  may result from the
presence of "africanized honey bee" genes? Is there any  scientific basis for
such an assumption?
   Allegations and personal opinions should  not substitute for fact-finding,
and "painting with a broad brush" can be  both unfair and risky.
Barry Thompson
Thompson Apiaries, LLC
North Potomac, MD
Past President Maryland State Beekeepers
EAS Director, Master Beekeepers