From:
michael palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 07:17:14 -0500
Bob Harrison wrote:

> Hello All,
> I would be interested in hearing of ways to turn the standard migratory top
> and bottom single hive  into two  five frame nucs by those which have done
> the project.

 Why not just build nuc boxes. If you cut a groove with a router, in the front
and back wall of a hive body,to accept a piece of 1/2" piece of plywood, five
frames will fit on each side. Either make a bottom board to fit, or nail a
piece of plywood on the bottom. The inner cover is a grain bag. The bees glue
it down to the divider. On top goes a standard outer cover. I've built hundreds
of these, and they work well for me. You can really get fancy by building
division board feeders, and having two 4 frame nucs. Then if one nuc doesn't
take, just move the feeder to one side, and unite the two nucs, making an 8
frame nuc.

Mike