From:
Ruary Rudd <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ruary Rudd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Aug 2002 09:17:28 +0100
Hello Bob and all,

I wonder if at this stage we are arguing at cross purposes: my original post
was simply to point out that as well as collecting pollen in their pollen
baskets, the bees also carry pollen ingested with the nectar. the pollen
from the pollen baskets is stored in different cells from the honey cells.
the pollen ingested with the nectar is contained in the honey.

If there is not enough room in the brood chamber ( one or two boxes as
circumstances require) bees will store pollen in the supers immediately
above. My experience of pollen pellets spun out in extracting is that the
first, coarse, sieving will remove them with the wax flakes and other
solids.

> > > no pollens from "non-nectar" plants like ragweed or corn.
> Sorry Ruary but in the Midwest we get pollen from both in honey.

Bob you are misquoting me I did not say that but I did say

> > But you will also get pollen from air pollinated plants like pine in
honey.

>  Ruary was a regular when I was on  the Irish bee list and is very
knowledgeable on bees and beekeeping.

Thank you for these comments

Ruary Rudd