From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2017 17:54:42 -0700
> > Bottom line large scale guys see quite a spread also for queens to be
> back mated and laying good enough to say shes okay.

Saying she's OK is the thing.  There are those who pull and cage a queen as
soon as they see eggs.  But some of those queens will be drone layers, or
fail in the first week or so.  Queens used to be sold as "tested," meaning
that the producer saw a solid sealed brood pattern.  We don't normally see
that until about three weeks after putting in the cell.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA