From:
Mike Stoops <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Sep 2007 15:00:28 -0700
Brian Fredericksen <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Its sad that its now all about money, pollination and massive unsustainable monocrops.

While a small number people represented by almond growers and migratory beeks benefit monetarily from this bizarre situation, the rest of American beekeepers are subject to the outcomes with no voice or no idea of what is happening.

Who annointed these few people to make decisions affecting many of us?

Who anointed.....?  American entrepreneurship did.  Why do we have so many illegal aliens?  Money opportunities - American entrepreneurship.

Don't complain about big business situations.  Find your niche and go for it.  I'm trying to get to 300 hives and my own distribution system so I can bypass the wholesale buyers.  It's hard going but I'm not complaining.  I have the means through "American Entrepreneurship", it's getting the muscle, time, effort behind it to get it going the way I envision.  If I don't make it, it's my fault, not big business, nor the honey importer importing "cheap" foreign honey.  I find my niche and fill it to the best of my ability.

Mike in LA