From:
Brian Ames <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Oct 2009 18:45:36 -0400
Randy said

"I just returned from the North Dakota Beekeepers convention.  I can't
remember the exact figures, but in the last decade or so, the numbers of
beekeepers have about halved, but the total number of colonies has doubled!"

Kinda interesting to note that during the last decade the frequency and quantity of dead hives has also increased for commercial beekeepers. They are awfully good at moving hives but is there any beekeeping still going on?