From:
Peter Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Mar 2007 18:51:53 -0400
As a NY State certified pesticide applicator, I am familiar with the
widespread practices of 1) ignoring label requirements; 2) not reading
labels at all; and 3) using unapproved chemicals. These are illegal
practices, and for good reasons.

We in the beekeeping industry should be especially sensitive about
this. WE don't want agribusiness breaking the law and spraying willy
nilly with untested formulas or tinkering carelessly with genes --
possibly endangering our bees and our livelihood.

The customer expects to buy food that is safe and produced in
accordance with the law. The quality of your product is your main
selling point. I am not against treatments, just unapproved ones. Will
you tell the customer you used an unapproved chemical to produce your
honey?

--
pb